Thursday, August 9, 2007

Characters that deserve to be assist trophies in Brawl (Mario series)

I'm a big fan of these assist trophies in Brawl. They give the characters that had next to know chance to appear in the game appear in it, and in a big way! The simple fact is, Dr. Wright, Knuckle Joe, and a Nintendog had absolutely no chance of appearing as a playable character, though now they're able to appear in the game in a uniqe way! Here is my list of characters who I personally think deserve to be an assist trophy in Brawl!

DK Jr.

Donkey Kong Jr. is one of those characters that practically need to be an assist trophy. Since he doesn't have very many known moves, I'd say it's a safe bet to assume that this protagonist from Donkey Kong Jr. could appear. Though the question is, what would he do. I'm hoping for something fantastic and awesome, rather than just start randomly attacking enemies as Goroh does. We already know that characters can do some pretty amazing things - Just look at Dr. Wright!

Star Spirits

This is something I just came up with. Imagine it! All seven Star Spirits from the original Paper Mario coming out of the Trophy and acting like a small army by attacking all of your opponents. Or perhaps they could act like the Unown do in Melee and just shoot down like, well, shooting stars... or perhaps I should say shooting star spirits! I think it'd be a great idea... what do you think?!?

Toad or Toadette

I'm almost certain Toad will appear in the game as either a playable character or an assist character, though if I had to bet on it, I'd say the latter. Why? Because think about it - what chances does a Toad have against Bowser, Ganondorf, or a freaking Pichu? Yeh, I thought so! But also, since I think Toadette has a neat design, she'd be cool too. Maybe it'd be random, or possibly they come out together. I'd say the latter (gah, that's the second time I said that in this paragraph!). You know what be really cool, if Tumble from Mario Party 3 (or was it 2?) also was in there as well. I'm sure not many of you remember who this was or is, so I'll either refresh your memory or just plainly tell you - He looks sort of like a Toad, though he has a dice as a top instead of a round mushroom thing. Also, he's like Rayman and doesn't have any arms, legs, or even a body.

Birdo

Birdo, like almost every other character on this list, doesn't have a whole bunch of attacks. Her only notable attack is her quite odd ability to shoot eggs from her... eh... mouth? Years after her first appearance in Doki Doki Panic (known to American and European gamers as Super Mario Bros. 2), she was a boss in Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga, and prior to that she was in Super Mario RPG. The only one I can remember though is the former, and in that game I'm pretty sure she had more moves since she was a boss, so she could probably use some of them as well.

Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. is becoming more popular now, and probably has a better chance of appearing as a playable character then most of the others listed here, though if he ends up not being playable (I've yet to make a conclusion on if I want him or not), he probably will have a 99% chance of appearing as an assist trophy. He has a few attacks in the games he's appeared in, though the only fantastic one is his ability to transform into Shadow Mario. It might or might not be a good idea to add that move if he's an assist character or a playable, seeing that it'd probably just be a Mario clone, and it'd be like Mario being able to transform into Bowser - it just wouln't, or atleast shouldn't, happen. If my memory is correct, I think he blew fire in New Super Mario Bros., so that'd be one of the obvious attacks... though at the same time an unoriginal and unthought out one.

Petey Piranha

I don't know why people don't care for Petey. In my opinion he's a good character, and while it probably won't happen I seriously wouldn't mind him, and would actualy like him to be a playable character. Though since he doesn't have a great big fanbase, he probably will just end up being an assist character... Though a cool one at that! What could his attacks be though? Barfing goop all over the place? Flying around barfing goop all over the place? Using his enormous jaw to chomp on opponents? Who knows?

Waluigi

It's highly unlikely that Waluigi will appear as a playable, so, like everyone else on this list, he'll probably just end up being an assist character. But what attacks he'd be able to perform is a mystery. I mean, the very fact that Camelot made his special move swimming in Mario Power Tennis is sad... though the fact is - We don't really know what his speciallty is. The development team will probably be able to think of something though... and if they're not, then our skinny friend may just be a puncher...

No comments: