Thursday, July 26, 2007

ComicCon 2007 - Star Trek movie information

Alright, during Paramount Picture's apparently wonderful panel, J.J. Abrams confirmed some information regarding his upcoming Star Trek movie.

First of all, he confirmed something that everyone already knew for a few days - Heroes star Zachary Quinto will be staring as Spock in the the movie. Also, he announced that Leonard Nimoy (the original Spock), will also make an appearance in the film as well... as... Spock? Yes... apparently there will be two actors who will play as Spock. My guess is that the latter actor will play as an older Spock in da future. Lowl.

Of course, Nimoy said something unfunny though the audience obviously laughed. Here's what he said -

"people have been asking me why I'm doing this movie and I think the answer is pretty simple. We have a great director, and a wonderful actor playing Spock. The answer is it was logical,"

Yah, hilarious Mr. Spock... H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.

No word on whether William Shatner will come back as well, though seeing he's not in any big roles, and he'd probably do anything to star in a movie again, I'd bet on it!

No comments: