Saturday, July 28, 2007

Review: Batman #666

Yesterday I said that this would no doubt be an issue to get... When I wrote that, I haven't read the title yet, because I was skimming through some other comics I got. I can now say that I've read the issue, and thus I'll write a review on it -

The story takes place way in the future where the Batman that we know and love is dead, and his son is the new Batman. This all happened way to quickly for me, and a few pages in the book I didn't know what in the world was going on. Apparently this new Batman sold his soul to Satan and now he's fighting demons and apes and some whacked out doll. The art is so-so, though I've always noted that when it comes to art, Marvel takes the prize.

The writer is apparently famous, though I didn't notice anything outstanding while reading. Saddly the 666th issue which was super hyped by everyone ended up being a bust in my opinion, and this will be the last Batman comic I read for awhile until DC manages to bring the series back...

6(66)/10(00)

No comments: