Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dem fight'n words.

Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony are known for bashing each other's consoles, well, today the latter two have done just that once again, mostly bashing the Wii (as always!).

Microsoft -

"With all due respect to my friends at Nintendo, I don’t think they’ve captured everybody in that consumer segment with the Nintendo Wii. And we’ve sold plenty of Xbox 360s to those people, too. There’s a lot of people who aren’t ready to jump into the next generation yet. And when they are, we think we’ve got the best next-generation option for those folks. And it’s not just about price, it’s got to be about the entire value proposition. For some people, what Wii offers is going to be what they want. For a lot of other people, that’s not what they want. They want a next-generation console system. For them, we’re going to bring it into reach for those folks.

I never look at it as competing with Nintendo and the Wii. I think we’re competing with Nintendo, and Sony, and other entertainment options for that customer segment. We’re gonna go to bat with all of the assets that we have and hopefully for a good chunk of those consumers, that’s gonna be great. We’re not that far out of reach. Our Core system is $299, and that has greater capabilities in my opinion than the Wii does, if that’s what you want."

Sony -

"I think the PS3 is the Surf ‘n Turf. You want the lobster and steak and you’re going to give yourself the treat of getting the best thing on the menu. The PS2 is your favorite burger restaurant — you go there for comfort food and it’s just always good and is a good value.

[As for the other two consoles], one [Wii] is a lollipop, and I’m too old for lollipops. The other one [Xbox 360] I get sick from once in a while because the cook isn’t always reliable."


How many of these analogies have we gotten this year? I mean, I seriously think we get about 2 every month!

No comments: